Monday, July 1, 2019

SCOTT THOMAS OUTLAR



SCOTT THOMAS OUTLAR

OF SAND AND SUGAR

delicate and deliberate

soft

these spells take time

the last granule
of sugar

its texture scratching
your tongue
my tongue

our tongues are melting

one more grain
of sand

its hour
passing
overturning

history is repeating





SWEET TOOTH

Look me in the eyes
when I sing to you

The same way I turn mine away
when you’re screaming

There are aliens in the air tonight
that don’t know the meaning of fear

If there is sugar hiding under the rocks
I will hunt it

And gnaw on every upturned stone
with my front teeth






ETERNAL AND INFINITE

Are those stars
or the headlights of a car?
O my dear,
we are all just deer
staring at God.

SCOTT THOMAS OUTLAR

SCOTT THOMAS OUTLAR hosts the site 17Numa.com where links to his published poetry, fiction, essays, interviews, reviews, live events, and books can be found. His work has been nominated for the Pushcart Prize and Best of the Net. Scott was a recipient of the 2017 Setu Magazine Award for Excellence in the field of literature. His words have been translated into Afrikaans, Albanian, Dutch, Farsi, French, Italian, Kurdish, and Serbian. His radio podcast, Songs of Selah, airs weekly on 17Numa Radio.

1 comment :