Monday, July 1, 2019

JANET C. PASCUAL



JANET C. PASCUAL

MY FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE YOU

When first, I tasted your sweetness... After long years, thinking of nothing but work, And work to death, I did. Never have I expected  To be falling in love again. I was very much falling  Falling in love with love, so, I thought.   When first we met, and first tasted I, your sweetness... My dormant innermost being pirouetted, plummeted, And tumbled. Never in my wildest dream,  Not even in my wildest imagination have I expected This blissful feeling – wondrous, full of ecstasy!  When first, I had this unexplainable feeling... You have awakened the slumbering wanton in me, For yours is an incomparable sweetness, so intense, so fulfilling.  An enormous wanting that cascades into my very soul. Oh,  you will always be, for no one else ever will.   My first will always be you, the only man in this lifetime,  Who will have touched me like you did, since first we have lain. Just as you will always be, the last man, I will hold dear Ever so close to my heart, for you will always remain In my heart on every day, though the heavens are no more.  I







THINK OF YOU

When love strikes without prior notice, I think of you
When this feeling lurks beyond the recesses of my consciousness, I think of you

And when day is done and there is no one to comfort me, I think of you
When heart is so full and so much overwhelmed, I think of you.

When pain seers through my vein as if to consume me, I think of you.
When heart is replete with joy as if the joy never ends, I think of you.

When thoughts wander and tarry on things past, I think of you.
When blissful moments shared with you come back, I think of you.

When wistful memories of a love that never was comes back, I think of you.
When first we have lain, touches my deepest innermost being, I think of you.

When the desire to be with you seems to overflow, I think of you.
Such are my fondest and innermost thoughts for only you...






HOW DO I LOVE THEE?

I love thee so much that I cannot count the ways.
I love thee for having touched the recesses of my soul.

I love thee more even when you stay away and keep silent.
I love thee more because your absence only makes my heart grow fonder.
Thus, I love thee more and more each minute of everyday.

I love thee like no man has ever touched my heart.
I love thee ‘even if’, ‘no matter what’, ‘for always will be’
Because thou art the only one my heart recognizes.

Then, I shall but love thee ever when all else has left.
More so,  I shall but love thee when everything else has fallen.


JANET C. PASCUAL


Dr. JANET C. PASCUAL holds a BSE-English degree from the University of Makati (UMak), an M.A. in Education with specialization in Child Study, M.A. units in English Language Teaching and Ph.D. units in Applied Linguistics from the Philippine Normal University including earned units in Ed.D. in Innovative Educational Management from the University of Makati and now holds a Doctorate Degree in Educational Administration from Greenville College. Her term as the Chair of the Languages Department at the University of Makati ended last April 30, 2018. She is now the Director of the Center for Digital Learning and Educational Technology Innovation also at the same university. Professor Pascual has received awards like the International and Asia Pacific Excellence Awards as a Woman of Excellence in Education and as an Outstanding Leader, the Outstanding Alumni of Makati Award, an award she shared with the likes of the Honorable Rene Saguisag and Newscaster Chichi Robles to name a few. She co-authors published books in English, Literature, Humanities and IELTS including journals and researches. Apart from academic writing and editing, Dr. Pascual also conducts lectures and seminars in Early Childhood Development, Starting a Preschool, Language Proficiency, Creative Teaching Strategies and also does reviews in IELTS, TOEFL, LET and Civil Service Exams. Her free time is mostly spent on spearheading faculty development activities for the University Circle of Professional Educators (UCPE), Inc. as its President.



No comments :

Post a Comment