Sunday, March 1, 2020

GALINA ITALYANSKAYA



GALINA ITALYANSKAYA

My Heaven

It's always my favourite paint –
The colour of sunny skies,
Awaking my dream, my faith,
The shine of your loving eyes.

It lit up my fading hopes,
It made me forget my fears,
Assured me that I will cope
With anything that I face.

But if you give up my love,
If ever your eyes turn grey,
My blue in the sky above,
I know, it will still remain.

It shelters me from the rain,
Consoling my rebel heart –
The one which cannot betray
And will never dare to hurt.

So, looking into the deep,
I fondly recall your name
To whisper it in my sleep
And, waking, repeat the same.

The only way is to trust
If I cannot feel a clue.
My heaven's lost in the dust,
My soul is forever blue.








March

It is snowing outdoors
In the early spring.
There's a game to guess the word.
Will you play with me?
Lanterns like a chain of pearls
Over the Neva.
Think of any tricky word!
Bet I will divine!

Word is such a thing that goes
First in our world.
I'm pretty big, I know
Many different words.
Let'em sound deep and strong,
Flatter, and besot.
I would like to write a song –
Song about word.

Language is a precious gift,
Making people smart.
Words can rescue, words can lift,
Words can heal and hurt.
There are kind words to remember,
To express your thanks.
One is blessed who gets the meaning
What the other says.

Darling, I don't want to tease you,
Let me be all wrong,
All of us are very busy
Playing clever words.
Days will pass without sadness
All behind a mask.
Word is first and truth is last –
Nothing more to ask.

It is snowing outdoors
In the early spring.
There's a game to guess the word.
Will you play with me?
I can't sleep while counting minutes
Ticking in the night...
Break the silence, answer me!
Tell me it's alright!









Love In War

This time
You hate me
I call you a fool
We both know it's silly
Impossible
False
Every cell strains at speaking more
Silence poised in the air

Words can't be found
To say and agree
No one of us
Understands the truth
Attempts only set our minds against
Each other
Breaking the link

Heaven is gloomy day after day
Our countries are ready to fight
You raise your arm
I don't turn away
Time slow and viscid
Your palm on my cheek
A fond easy touch
Love in war

GALINA ITALYANSKAYA

GALINA ITALYANSKAYA, 42 y.o., born in the USSR in a small northern town, now living in Russia with her children and working as an English teacher. Since the early childhood she’s been in love with nature: dense forests, rivers and lakes, mountains and seas. Actually, its beauty surrounds her all her life. She has travelled a lot, and it is always a source of inspiration. Her other interests are photography and art. She loves to draw pictures, and she hardly can imagine going on a trip or just for a walk without a camera. Galina has written poetry since her school years. About 10 years ago she composed her first poem in English, inspired by her friend from abroad. And thanks to poetry she’s found many good friends all over the world. In 2015 she joined “Poets Unite Worldwide” group, and some of her poems were published in their anthologies.

No comments :

Post a Comment