Monday, June 1, 2020

ALINA ANNA KUBERSKA



ALINA ANNA KUBERSKA

To Win A Fight

for many years
I cleared
black clouds
for breakfast

a pill
washed down with hope
that it may work

now
I start the day
with a smile
I live in the moment
offered to me by God








Who Are You

if not the man
with whom I slept

maybe a dream
with the smell of lily of the valley
given on the first meeting

if you are a ghost
then why do I feel your breath
and your smell on my bedsheets









I Miss

your voice
it feels so warm around my heart
when I hear

I miss
the walks
when the sun goes with us

I miss
the evenings
when from the steaming tea
arises the aroma of love

I miss
what I have not yet touched
and I already love


TRANSLATION - PAULINA FRĄCKIEWICZ

ALINA ANNA KUBERSKA


ALINA ANNA KUBERSKA, a poet from Łódź, is the author of six volumes of verse, two novels and various stories. Her poetry forms part of several dozen collections of poems and numerous almanacs. She has presented her works not only in Poland, but also abroad. For five years she owned an international poetry website. Currently, she is the vice president of Association of Polish Authors (SAP) in Warsaw.





No comments :

Post a Comment