Monday, March 1, 2021

BORCE PANOV

 

BORCE PANOV

 

Lethargy

 

like a sweeper

that sweeps

the bad dreams

of the night

the town awakens me

on the park bench

and says

Move, you wanderer,

make a space

for this old man

and we were sitting

with our thoughts

like with empty streets

between us

with childish carelessness

the dawn was sitting as well

but for a while

because this bench

became too small

when the day

sat besides us

like asthmatic

whose breath

is shortened

by everyone

and here it is

a thought

like a dog on a leash

is dragging

my lethargic body

from yesterday

again

 

 

Dance(Ma)Ster

 

1.

Summer Moon, dance with me

like the shadow with its cat

 

I am dancing,

and my shadow with my invisible “I” is dancing,

yet it does not drink a drop

 

2.

dance with my body, my soul,

in a time,

till the heart drinks us up

 

I am dancing,

and drinking, but one should not drink alone

with the dawn sleeping under the thin skin of the night

 

3.

with death as well,

like with body fluid, I am dancing

yet I do not drink a drop

 

I am dancing, and I haven’t learnt to die,

although I had been teaching myself

 

4.

I am dancing,

and my shadow with my invisible “I” is dancing,

but my heart would not drink it up…

 

 

Horizon Of Living

 

No, I am not happy with you

you live before your time

no, there is no room for me there

my body tells me

 

you are wrong, you are wrong

nothing will exist

if the time and the space are apart

if you and I are apart

from the horizon of our living

 

I say to my body

that takes up space in the future

not being aware that

that is the only way the future is created

 

I am not, I am not happy with you

it is so tight in here and I can hardly breathe

as I am embryo

should I give you a birth one more time

 

my body tells me, and I beg it

to bear just a moment only

when we will not be just a cultural layer

under the horizon of living

 Translated From Macedonian Into English

By Daniela Andonovska-Trajkovska

BORCE PANOV

 

BORCE PANOV was born on September 27, 1961 in Radovish, The Republic of North Macedonia. He graduated from the ''Sts. Cyril and Methodius'' University of Skopje in Macedonian and South Slavic Languages (1986). He has been a member of the “Macedonian Writers’ Association” since 1998. He has published: a) poetry: “What did Charlie Ch. See from the Back Side of the Screen” (1991), “The Cyclone Eye” (1995), “Stop, Charlie” (2002), “The Tact” (2006), “The Riddle of Glass” (2008), “The Basilica of Writing” (2010), “Mystical Supper” (2012), “Vdah (The Breathe of Life)” (2014), “The Human Silences” (2016), “Uhania” (2017), “Shell” (2018); and several essays and plays: “The Fifth Season of the Year” (2000), “The Doppelgänger Town” (2011), “A Dead-end in the Middle of an Alley” (2002), “Homo Soapiens” (2004), “Catch the Sleep-walker” (2005), “Split from the Nose Down” (2006), and “The Summertime Cinema” (2007). He has also poetry books published in other languages: “Particles of Hematite” (2016 - in Macedonian and Bulgarian), “Vdah” (2017 – in Slovenian), “Balloon Shaving” (2018 – Serbian), and “Fotostiheza” (“Photopoesis, 2019 – Bulgarian). His poetry was published in a number of anthologies, literary magazines and journals both at home and abroad, and his works are translated into English, Ukrainian, Slovenian, Bosnian, Serbian, Croatian, Bulgarian, French, Catalonian, Mongolian, Uzbek, Albanian, Romanian, Polish, Italian, Arabic, Vietnamese, Chinese, and Danish language. Panov works as the Counselor for Culture and Education at the municipality of Radovish, and he is also Arts Coordinator for the “International Karamanov’s Poetry Festival”, held in Radovish annually. Poetry of Borce Panov translated from Macedonian into English by Daniela Andonovska-Trajkovska:


No comments :

Post a Comment