Monday, November 1, 2021

BARBAROS İRDELMEN

 

BARBAROS İRDELMEN


Quarrel With The Heart

 

My heart

I love you

I promise

We will eat, drink and merry

 

I know we are short of time

I won’t put a spoke in your wheel

As long as we live

We will have fun together

 

I see

I understand you my pal

Okay,

it’s alright

 

You would like to be molded

With every feelings

Yesterday was a torment

Today is a sadness

Tomorrow is a pain

 

Even though you know how it is going to end

You still desire to have a love

What you look for

Separation, longing, hope and passion

 

You are not looking for happiness

You would like to taste

Slavery, torture and so on

 

All very well

But I don’t Accord with your demands

I would like to lead a happy life

Come and let us get drunken

Let us enjoy living a life

Health, happiness and abun dance Thanks

Let us go about

Let us make the most of it

To be together

 

You made me baffled

From me you ask for the things

I never like

 

Though sorry about it

Here we part company with each other

You cannot make a friend

Enough is enough

 

I am tired of it

Is it a heart crisis

Whatever you are going through, go for it

Let us part company with each other…

English Translation by Mesut ŞENOL

 

YÜREKLE KAVGA

 

Yüreğim

Seviyorum seni

Sözüm söz

Günümüzü gün edeceğiz

Biliyorum vaktimiz dar

Zora sokmayacağım seni

Yaşadığımız sürece

Eğleneceğiz birlikte

 

Anlıyorum

Anlıyorum seni arkadaşım

Peki tamam

Önce yoğrulmak istiyorsun

Her duyguyla

 

Dün azap

Bu gün hüzün

Yarın ıstırap

Bildiğin halde sonunu

Aşk istiyorsun ihtirasla

 

Aradığın

Ayrılık hasret umut ve özlem

Mutluluk aramıyorsun

Tatmak istiyorsun

Esaret eziyet vesaire

 

İyi de

Ben

Bağdaşmıyorum senin isteklerinle

Mutlu yaşamak istiyorum

Gel sarhoş olalım

Keyif alalım yaşamaktan

Sıhhat saadet ve bereket

Eksik olmasın

Gezelim

Tadını çıkartalım

Birlikte olmanın

 

Şaşıyorum sana

Hiç sevmediğim şeyler istiyorsun benden

Kusura bakma ama

Burada ayrılıyoruz birbirimizden

Arkadaş olmaz senden

 

Yeter, yeter be

Bıktım

Kriz mi?

Ne geçireceksen geçir de

Ayrılalım birbirimizden…

 

 

Is It Me?

 

Is it me to be responsible

Because I am a tall man

Who is responsible for my being white-skinned

And for my having colored eyes

 

For my ignorance and misery

 

As if everything is innocent

In this geography

And I am responsible for them

 

Isn’t here anybody who is responsible?

Through which gene mindlessness pass down?

 

As if I was asked about all of these

And I came here accepting them

None was asked

None at all

I haven’t accepted and come…

English Translation by Mesut ŞENOL


 

Ben mi?

 

Ben mi sorumluyum

Uzun boylu oluşumdan

Kim sorumlu beyaz tenli

Renkli gözlü oluşumdan

 

Cahilliğim ve sefilliğimden

 

Bu coğrafyadaki

Her şey masum da

Sanki ben sorumluymuşum

Öyle bir hava esiyor

 

Yok mu sorumlusu?

Akılsızlık hangi genle gelir?

 

Sanki bunlar bana sorulmuş ta

Ben kabul etmiş gelmişim

Hiç biri sorulmadı

Hiç birini

Kabul edip gelmedim…

 

 

Expectations

 

Even though my years passed by me

So fast

I did not abandon

My expectations

 

Again tonight

Shall rise with new hopes

When expecting the warm sun

I will sit up all night…

ENGLISH TRANSLATION BY MESUT ŞENOL

 

Beklenti

 

Yıllarım geçse de

Hızla yanımdan

Vaz geçmedim

Beklentilerimden

 

Şafakta doğacak

Sıcak güneşi beklerken

Bu gece yine umutlarımla

Sabahı edeceğim…

 

BARBAROS İRDELMEN

 

BARBAROS İRDELMEN: Born in 1952, he is a medical doctor. He has been active in his profession for 45 years, and he lives in Istanbul. He is married with four sons, and five grandchildren, two of them granddaughters and three of them grandsons. His selected poems have been published in English, Greek and Spanish languages in various anthologies, international poetry festival collections in the country and abroad. His new poems appear in prestigious literary sites and magazines printed at home and abroad. Apart from his Professional book translations and papers, his seven poetry collections were published by the Artshop Publishing House: His published poetry collections: Aynen Abi! Dediğin gibi… (Exactly so Brother! Like You Said) Oluşum Ve İnsan… (Formation and Human Being…) Aynen Abi! İyi geceler… (Exactly so Brother! Good Night…) Aynen Abi! Uğrar Alırım… (Exactly so Brother! I can Pick it up…) Mevsimlik Şiirler - 1... (Seasonal Poems - 1)(bilanguage TR+ENG)) Aşka Dair… (About love) Yeni ve Seçme Şiiler… (New and Selected Poems…)(bilanguage TR+ENG)


No comments :

Post a Comment