Friday, December 1, 2017

BARBARA SUEN


BARBARA SUEN

WHEN I REACHED FOR YOU

Not so long ago,
I found myself hurting
in every way a body can hurt.
Mind, body and soul.
Shaking,
Aching.
Wishing to crawl out of my own skin.

I laid my weary head down,
knowing sleep could not come
through the pain.
I reached out for you
with every ounce of energy
I had left in my soul.

Even though we are no longer
under the same moon.
You above the heavens.
Me upon the earth.
I needed you again.

I fought through the fog
of my brain
to picture your face.
The piercing sky blue in your eyes.
Then, with every cell of my being,
reached out to you,
until I felt you there with me.

Somehow, heart to heart again,
I drifted away to warm dreams
peacefully.

I had to reach beyond the moon for you...
And you were there.

Love can do that.




ONE HEART

While looking in the newspaper,
at the wedding anniversaries...
50 and 60 years of wedded bliss.
I am filled with awe at the beauty.
Filled too with some deep sadness,
that I will never have such a photo.

Sometimes shown beside the anniversary image,
is the photo of the young bride and groom.
His radiant "Juliet", Her handsome, "Romeo".
After the sacred vows,
"Richer or poorer, better or worse,
until death to you part".

Children add to their joy, then grandchildren.
Blessings.
Together, shared love and life.
Together, years of tears shed, ecstatic joys, bitter arguments, loss and pain.
The man and wife are truly "one".
So much so, that after 50 years as man and wife,
they even look alike. Perplexed Scientists study this phenomena.
The answer is same food, shared emotions, shared everything.
Only God knows.
Simple, two hearts have become as one.
Just as they promised on their wedding day.





ONE HEART

So intertwined are they, that when one passes away,
the other follows...sometimes within hours.
With half of their heart missing,
they simply cannot go on.
They literally die from a broken heart.

This, my friend, is what we all long for...
An ethereal flame of truth.
A “soul communion”.






ALL CONSUMING

It pulled deep in him,
as well as I.
Just to be in the same room,
was to "breathe".

Embraces too long to be "friendly".
Our gaze too intense to be "looking".
We denied being consumed by the fire,
though accused by many to be guilty of sin.

It burned only in our souls.
But my God is a jealous God.
He took you away.
He knew, I would even give my own life for you.

This was not written in our stars.
They fell before wishes were made.

Ashes to ashes.

I pray my own shall fall next to yours...
Eternally.

BARBARA SUEN

BARBARA SUEN is from Mishawaka, Indiana. USA.  Her poems have appeared in several Anthologies, "Potpourri Vol 2", "Dandelion In A Vase Of Red Roses", "I Have A Name", "Where Are You From", "Apple Fruits Of An Old Oak",  "Women Poets: Within And Beyond. The Shore- Vol. 2".  Several Poems posted in "Soul Fountain" magazine, and a very special poem published in "The Storyteller" magazine.   Barbara's career in writing began 33 years ago, when she began journalling with the birth of her first daughter....and never stopped.  Her passion is prose poetry. She enjoys meeting other Poets from all over the globe through online poetry sites.



13 comments :

  1. Thank you Poet NilavroNill Shoovro and "OPA" staff. I was reluctant to write of "Romance" I am so happy that I took on that challenge. I am honored to be among these extraordinary Poets ! Barbara Suen

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear friend, Barbara ~~
    Without your life experiences, your poetry wouldn't be so beautiful. You don't want praise for what you've endured, with God's help ~ no, your avenue for praise is for the heartfelt poetry that serves as a contrast to prior darkness. I can think of no better enjoyment and recognition for you, sweetheart. I love you ~~ Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much ! Your comment is a "poem" also. It is so beautiful. I wondered too, why is this (Poetry) so important to me? Why do I have this deep need to share it? You have answered those questions now. And I thank you so much ! Barbara
      !

      Delete
    2. Dear Linda, out of 82 Poets "globally", I finally made it into the top ten ! How wonderful that feels.

      Delete
  3. Author Barbara Suen, congratulations on your poetic thoughts in "Our Poetry Archives" ranking in the top 10 amongst poets across the globe. Your prolific writings are getting stronger over time like a fine vintage wine. On another note congratulations on your featured work in the book titled "TRIED, TESTED and TRUE POETS from ACROSS the GLOBE" by: Pittsburgh author Renee Drummond-Brown (Renee's Poems with Wings are Words in Flight). Keep feeding your muse!!! Renee'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dear Poet,Author,Editor, and friend !!! It's quite a delightful shock, to reach the top ten. Also, I cannot wait to receive your book, "Tried, Tested, and True Poets from Across the Globe!" I'll be waiting by the mailbox !!! Blessings to you, as you know I am a huge fan of your INK ! Barbara

      Delete
  4. So many Wonderful Poets from all over the Globe ! I have been reading many accomplished Poets with PhD's who have published many books in their own language, and some even published in many languages. I have found such "wonder" in these Poems, enjoying the beauty of what a few words can say. From all over the world is the best of all. We share the same sun, the same moon, and sometimes, the same thoughts. Wow !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara Suen has been published my poetry Anthologies so excited for her yes, surprised, not really. You Rock Barbara Hoosier girl. Michael Lee Johnson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Poet Michael Johnson, Author, Editor and Leader of his own "thousands" of Poets on his Poetry sites, that I like to call "HOME"..."Contemporary Poets" and "Contemporary Poets Global"~~ Your comment must be my Christmas gift. I'm "smiling" ! Thank you so much ! Barbara

      Delete
  6. Congratulations, Barbara! Well done, my friend. I am so very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Dianne Compton ! It is an honor to have my poems upon these pages! Meeting the other Poets from all over the world. Yes, that's the best part ! Being in the top ten is icing on the cake !

    ReplyDelete