Friday, December 1, 2017

BLANCA ALICIA GARZA


BLANCA ALICIA GARZA

BLUSH

If my hands could
touch your body
like my words have
touched your heart,
I could write a love poem
while running my fingers
through your soul.
The most beautiful poems
are not written on paper but,
rather traced upon the
contours of the skin,
and read through whispers
and moans making even the
Moon blush.
(Initially published on Raven Cage Ezine)






INTOXICATINGLY WINE

There are words
upon his skin.
A sweet poem wrapped
in flesh and bones.
Sin dressed in black,
lips of intoxicatingly wine.
Sweet temptation that
I would love to read
with my fingertips,
between every line,
between every word
until the last chapter.
Learning the entire story
that hides there
behind his beautiful
deep blue eyes.
To write the beginning
of a new story among
satin purple sheets.






THE ROSE

Many Moons have passed without you,
creating an empty space within my heart.
Another night craving your presence;
one more tear falls from my eyes.
The rose you left beside my bed is dying;
and your beautiful face is fading from my mind.
I keep the rose in a book of unfinished poems;
and though dried, shattered and breaking into pieces,
it's still beautiful, but I fear I'm breaking as well.
The rose now perfumes my nostalgic nights,
and your poems will remain written in my heart.

BLANCA ALICIA GARZA


BLANCA ALICIA GARZA is a Poet from Las Vegas, Nevada. She is a nature and animal lover, and enjoys spending time writing. Her poems are published in the Poetry Anthologies, "Moonlight Dreamers of Yellow Haze", and "Dandelions in a Vase of Roses" now available at Amazon.com. Blanca's work can be found in The Poet Community, Whispers, The Winamop Journal, Indiana Voice Journal, Tuck Magazine, Raven's Cage Ezine, Scarlet Leaf Review as well as Birdsong Anthology 2016, Vol 1. Blanca was recently nominated for The Best of the Net 2017.

2 comments :

  1. Blanca is a prolific poet who stands alone. She has become my contemporary favorite romantic poet. Congratulations, Blanca. Dora Cruz

    ReplyDelete