Thursday, October 1, 2020

BOZENA HELENA MAZUR-NOWAK



BOZENA HELENA MAZUR-NOWAK

Today You Can Hear Ludwig's Music Around

I used to play a duo concert with you
a piano and violin for two hearts
cruel fate has taken you away from me
I have to play solo now in my life

your piano misses you very badly
it is hard to name what my heart feels
the violin's strings hoarse with grief
and they make such dismal sounds

Fryderyk will not play with me anymore
now you can hear only sad Ludwig around
and your piano looks lifeless, so sad,
should I close its lid, I shyly ask myself

I still play only for you, my love,
and you hear it, in the depths of my soul I believe
no, I'm not closing the piano today
for sure your heart still sleeps there

maybe one day a new pianist will come up
which will sit in front of the piano
and ask me to play with him a new concert
a beautiful duo of beloved hearts in love

but today I still play solo for you...
© Bozena Helena Mazur-Nowak








Miss Wheat

you used to call me, Miss Wheat
and you entangled the sun in my hair,
two braids were hanging proudly
like swollen ears of wheat on my back

all long summer seethed of our love,
Autumn came to us in a purple,
I am no longer Miss Wheat
and you still bring me roses

my hair is silver and short,
in my eyes is a paler blue sky
but for you, I'm still pretty, you say,
every day your heart sings about it

in your arms, I have found a harbor
so safe despite the storms around
at home, grows little Miss Wheat
our life made a full circle for us
© Bozena Helena Mazur-Nowak









Dance

Music embraces us tightly,
in your eyes, I dipped down up to my waist.
I float slightly on my tiptoes
in your tender hands, I soften like wax.

Lead, my beloved, I will confidently follow.
One-two-three, one-two-three, one
you are trying not to trample my slippers.
Time has stood still here for us.

Only on us depend, my love,
when our dance will over.
Will, you leave tomorrow morning,
or, will dance me to the end of your life.

The tricks are not to fall asleep together
but in wanting together greet every day.
We are still in the middle of the night,
the dawn will show if our dance will last.
© Bozena Helena Mazur-Nowak

BOZENA HELENA MAZUR-NOWAK

BOZENA HELENA MAZUR-NOWAK is a Pole since 2004 live in the UK. She published seven volumes of poetry; four in Polish and three in English. She also writes prose and released a novel and a few short story collections. Her work may be found in numerous worldwide anthologies and magazines. Winner of many poetry competitions. Proud holder of many diplomas, awards, and distinctions. She is also a translator to fellow poets, translates from and into English. Her poetry was translated into 20 languages.


No comments :

Post a Comment