Monday, February 1, 2021

LEYLA IŞIK

 

LEYLA IŞIK 


The Kiss Wound At My Heart

 

Let the night be hanged in impossible love affairs…

Let your tears applaud for the sky

Do a mad thing for the last time, at the most fatal moment of the night

Call me.

Then…

The kiss wound at my heart

I would bury myself breathlessly

In the deep waters…

ENGLISH TRANSLATION BY MESUT ŞENOL

 

 

Was It Time Passed?

 

Was it time passed?

Or was it us to have spent time loutishly?

Who aged our hearts at the same time slot, at the same locations.

Even though you have gone through separations with bird flying distances,

Don’t think your word cannot be heeded by your tired wings,

Don’t think, your love you squeezed into the lifespan of a butterfly won’t come when you call on it.

For which you sacrificed everything…

 

Who would have known better than you…

The warmth of my hands gave life to your hands.

I became your crowd in the loneliness of another city.

And I settled my heart at your heart.

You always watched sadly.

You lined up things image by image amongst my unread poems.

You know, one day your love could return to you in all extents.

In your dream travels you were lost in thought

Your lips would have closed on your lips.

 

I  k n o w

Y o u  m i s s

ENGLISH TRANSLATION BY MESUT ŞENOL

 

 

As You Said

 

I think of time as both a long and short thing…

In which one it imprisoned us?

In which time I live through my absence with you?

Like death…

Like living…

While both are hurting me by imposing the same pain,

“not blowing the final whistle”

You are the one

I hang on to for not falling into bottomless abysses

I am sure about it…

You are the one to hold my extended hand

Either before falling or after.

It is only You to recognize “the child” me at my hurting heart.

You always call me “kid”.

You always teach me the situations of the world by holding my hand unrelentingly…

I do remember loving all the time.

Here I go through those conditions,

“A long life / love in my life are in my hiding place.

As you said

ENGLISH TRANSLATION BY MESUT ŞENOL

 

LEYLA IŞIK


No comments :

Post a Comment