Wednesday, November 1, 2023

NITA B GEORGE

 


A Nobody, I...

 

His

Eyes, glazed

Frightened me.

As

He uttered

His prayers

I

Saw

The

Divine

Take over

His

Mind,

His

Soul,

And

I

Knew

At the moment

I

Was

A nobody

In

His life  !

 

The Web

 

The

Spider has vacated

Its

Web

But

Left me

Hanging in it

Everything has changed

I too

Happy

I am

Happy to think

I am a new man now

But

When

Things happen

Happen

In my life

Traditions

Remind me

That

Nothing has changed

The core

Is

Still intact

And

I,

Continue to be a prisoner

Of

The web

Forsaken

By the spider...

 

Sterile Memories...

 

I

A

Cemetery

Lie

In

Me,

Dead

Memories.

Sometimes,

Ghosts

Awaken

Bringing

Smiles

Or

Tears

And

Then,

Return

To their graves

To

Lie

In peace.

 

NITA B GEORGE

 

NITA B GEORGE: The poet, Nita B George, has been a Graduation level English teacher for 37 years. Poetry came late in her life, almost at the age of 54. Since then, she has been writing continuously and has to her credit three Anthologies of poems, 'Reflections', 'Confessions and Other Poems' and 'A Book Lover to his Darling and Other Poems'. She has a collection of short stories entitled 'Encounters' and her Memoir, 'A Speck in the Universe' also to her credit. The books have been published by Writers Workshop, Kolkata. Two more Anthologies of Poems, 'Unfaithful Lovers and Other Poems' and 'Ruminations' are ready to go to the publisher. Economy of words, Clarity, Readability, mark her poems. Layered, multi meanings in the poems help readers to comprehend the poem both at the basic level and the more complex level. Loved by her colleagues and students, her inspiration is drawn from life around, Nature, pets, her own two boys and happenings of life.

 


No comments :

Post a Comment