Wednesday, June 1, 2022

 

 

IFIGENIA METOCHI

 

It Can Be Silence

 

Another day without anything

I raise my hands and look at you

How much does the feeling of loneliness hurt?

I feel more and more the emptiness inside me …

Time flows and leaves

Maybe it all has to do with time …

They will leave until there is nothing left

Until everything becomes a memory …

Then maybe you understand also

how did you make me feel …

 

I follow you on trips

I ‘m looking for you in sounds

I feel you I the raindrops

As they fall and water the thirsty soil …

I open my arms to feel you

and you lost …

so simply with the gentle whistling of the wind …

 

East and West

Two souls merging in the middle of the desert …

I hear your voices and I look for the thread

A ray at least … in your so long journeys …

 

I was looking for you in my dreams

plenty of light at nigh

 Ιts mornings are cool

and the soul calmed down at the vision of a little happiness

like the Ocean …

 

I was looking for you in the world

on trips and foreign places

I can not find words to speak to you

for the sun …

For years I stare at him like a sad child

Oh cloud … you leave

I leave … and I know …

I will take you on a trip one day

these rains …

A song that walks silently at night …

It can be silence …

 

 

Listen

 

You did not lullaby your dreams and they emigrated

You froze heart

You are snowing tears …

Once … you showed me the sea

A blue wrinkle that hits the rocks of the moments …

I follow ghosts in lyrics

But I do not get sun rays

The hide in the circles of the sun …

In bitter smiles, in wounded bodies …

In rules and stations that I “want” is change

The kisses are still fresh

pearls are dripping …

You move and dreams blossom

You walk and people shine

An endless summer awaits

You on the edge of the hill

Am I the inexplicable sea that your gaze

over looks on the horizons?

 

 

Silence

 

Between memories and dreams

you spoke to us in the voice of your poet

my Insightful Pythia ...

I fell asleep in your arms with your lyrics

at crossroads of unknown and famous poets …

Do not arouse my sadness inside me ...

Let him sleep, to calm down, to forget …

as he caresses the petals of the flowers with tears …

My soul secret orchestra …

measures seas ... makes gardens ... paints pictures

I am here

Can you hear me;

I count the flakes, the drops, even the leaves

Time has changed everything

Tears of souls, old hopes, closed in new forms

During their journey I smelled the wave

In their passage they scanned that the soul with effort had built …

something that the rain told you and became your form

 

I saw many statuettes laughing at invisible causes of joy

I was afraid of loneliness

Sleep …

Lost where you are

For one word only

and let it be a whisper …

even if it is flying …

I do not recognize me …

As the voices for new myths

they talk and make new dreams for us to dream ...

Me here to recall songs I did not tell you …

as shipwrecked memories rolled in silence

and another lamp went out …

 

IFIGENIA METOCHI

 

IPHIGENIA METOCHI was born in Lessos on June 19, 1974. She graduated from the Lyceum of Apostolos Petros & Pavlos, the classical class and left for Athens to study where she received her degree in Silver and Gold. She speaks French, English and Spanish. She started writing Poetry from her teenage years. She is the General Secretary of the Writers' Association of Leissos "Vassilis Michailidis". She also belongs to the Limassol Coordinating team, is a Member of the Panhellenic Association of Writers of PEN, of the Intellectual Club of Limassol, of the National Society of Greek Writers of Cyprus, Member of the Intellectual Society of Limassol, Member of the Spiritual Horizons, Member of EPOK, Member of the Greek Cultural Association of Cyprus / SPEK, Advisor of the Cyprus Writers' Association for cultural activities in Limassol. She has been elected Vice President of Limassol in the World Association against the Plague of Hunger and Founding Member of the Limassol Association of Music and Poetic Arts "Mousagetis Apollo". Her poems and short stories have been awarded in Panhellenic and International literary competitions and have been published in collective anthologies of poetry and short stories as well as in various literary magazines. She published the poetry collection "Adolescent Reflections" (2003) and the collection of short stories "The sea and the sun" (2007). Her collection "Sea Touches" is her 3rd published work in a row. She is also a self-taught painter, illustrating and drawing sketches or drawings for book covers. She has been awarded the Seoul Olympic Arts Festival by The World School Children’s Art Exhibition in 1988. She loves the sea and is a source of inspiration for her.

 


No comments :

Post a Comment