Wednesday, June 1, 2022

FEYZAN KORUR

 

 

 

FEYZAN KORUR

 

Mukaddes

 

One day hennaed

One day with your coal black hair

You were seriously wounded because of the war

While bullets are falling

To the narrow streets

Your door ajar

Blind bullet hit your pillow

You cried in long nights

If your tears were bullets

They wouldn't fall on your palms that fast

They closed the doors on you

They said it is your destiny to mourn

You felt the pain

It was forbidden for you to laugh

                

Most of them were in love with you

I used to watch you secretly through torn curtains sister Mukaddes

I too was in love with your fearless revolt against life

 

In your high heels

Walking down the street

You made hearts shiver

But it was forbidden to look at you

Just like you, we didn't obey the rules

             

We'd wait for the wind to lift your skirt

So we'd catch a glimpse of your cotton white legs even for a moment

Your smile was hitting the walls of your house

And pouring on the narrow streets of town

What a storm you were sister Mukaddes

You were given the name "whore"

No one had seen you cry

Everyone was jelaous of your laugh

 

You fell into my mind again

Words are racing on the tip of my tongue

How hard to explain your beautiful skin

 

Love was painful for your soul

You kept brewing in rebellion

Nine out of ten laughter were "whore"

 

The unfading rose of war

With thorns stuck in your soul sister Mukaddes

Sometimes you made love with memories

And sometimes cursed in pain

With your combative soul

You flew to freedom with broken wings

 

Oh sister Mukaddes, you came to the world at the wrong time

You should have come at the present time

Then you wouldn't be named as a whore

Short skirts are now fashionable

 

I haven't yet met anyone more beautiful

I still am in love with you

 

Crazy Girl

 

First, the sky awoke softly,

As the sun pours on the surface of the water.

The flowers rose,

And greeted the new day..

 

Birds flew for warmth

The sun is not missing in any season

Even in the middle of winter,

There are traces of summer

 

The day starts slowly

The city wakes up

With the sound of machines,

And the footprints of tired crowds.

 

There is a crazy girl's haste in the streets.

News are read,

Somewhere there are the wounded, the dead.

 

Those who have forgotten greeting are on the streets of the city

People with cold faces,

Silently escaping from pain.

 

Woke up the sky

Started the day

A new morning

Crazy girl on the streets

Looking for smiling faces

 

Flowers however

Had greeted the new day

No one was aware..

 

I Dyed Blue

 

I am;

Where the earth is saturated with love

Where it is warmed by sun

Where the rain exhilarated green

Where the trees are over taking its shadows

At the forest, sailing through the sky.

 

I sing songs

As I raise my voice

I painted all the birds blue

And elephants

As we blow love

We fly to your God of Peace

 

I woke up to countless cold mornings

Even in the middle of summer

My cold was not climatic

As the pain grows where it started

I got colder as the fears grew silently

 

Question me;

Why does my yesterday hurt?

Why are my elephants blue?

 

Why did the birds escape from the windows?

Why did my elephants hide?

 

Questions

Questions

Answers hurt humanity

 

Memories grew with me

I couldn't forget

When I remember, pain blows into my heart

 

Three or five children from the same street

One evening as sitting in front of the door

Footsteps are heard from the beginning of the street

It was my father who was coming

A few sweets in hand

While I am happy, the child asks, "Where is the one who brought me to the world?

Where are my sweets? "

 

As a child crying

Why is the world silent?

 

In the name of holy love

Let the mercy of the elephants fall on the flowing waters

May the horizons of the elephants open to the roads

On behalf of all children

Let the compassion of elephants be written in the universe

 

Let the fights get tired

Let the pains rest

Children shouldn’t cry

If hopes are gone

life stops

If we stop, we fall

 

My blue painted elephants

Let them come out of my dreams

Let them fly to the world

Let them offer love

 

FEYZAN KORUR

 

FEYZAN KORUR: She was born in 1963, Nicosia – Cyprus. Feyzan Korur, receiving an award for her first poem during her childhood years, also received the first and third place prizes in the category of short stories in 1988 in the Northern Cyprus Cultural Association Memoir. Among the awards she received are the Nicosia Municipality 2001 Playwriting competition achievement award, 2018 İsmet Kemal Karadayı commendable award in the file category, and the Istanbul 2019 Muammer Hacıoğlu Special Jury Award in the File category. Feyzan Korur, who took part in activities for social and women's rights, participated in international events. She started her professional life after her high school education and took part in the artistic field with her productions, putting out many theatrical works to stage. Korur, who has been featured in many anthologies, continues to live in her hometown Cyprus. She has two daughters and a grandchild. Books: Düşlerim Sarhoş – Poem. Asmaaltı Kıbrıs Poems. Rüzgâr Üstü – Story. Şiire Dökülsün Sözler – Poem. Yüreğimin Yağmurları – Poem. Yaseminlere Su Vermeliyim – Poem. Rüzgâr Yakası – Poem. Theatrical plays that are collected into books,  "Feyzan Korur Tiyatro Oyunları" . "Yiğit Kızlar" Feyzan Korur - Tarık Günersel: Translator: Ezgi Ceren Acaralp


No comments :

Post a Comment