Wednesday, June 1, 2022

SHUROUK HAMMOD

 

 

 

SHUROUK HAMMOD

 

Nothing But!

 

Nothing arouses my desire towards tomorrow

not a long-mind dawn that can bear the history of my hunger,

nor an intimate night lit with candles with whom I imagine his face as a sky I am proud of.

Not the sound of rain' steps on windows

left open for the arrivals' summer

Nor are the songs I dream of their tales impersonating the roads I have been waiting for.

Not love disguised as usual in the cloak of eternity

nor the friends I have not listen to their stories

the friends who didn't disappoint my stories about them.

Nothing arouses my desire towards tomorrow

Not the mirrors that bring nostalgia back to the drawer of memories

Nor the torment of abandonment when it burns in the heart like a clot of night.

Nothing does!

Not even the warmth of my panting towards being back who I was

Nothing excites me

nothing but more solitude

climbs over my head like grape pergola

Looking forward to its tomorrow in the glasses.

 

The Dark Step

 

Do not blame the gun

It's dumb

Without a finger,

Blind like hearts

that did not learn

Out of love

How to stammer.

It is the step,

not the feet

that procreates farewells.

 

Swing

 

Time is my swing!

Here it takes me sometimes to the sky,

Then takes me back to remind me of my first cradle

 

Time is a grave without a tombstone

And a cradle without a hand

Time wakes up and sleeps in the same eyes

 

Time is the exhalation of those panting behind oblivion

 

time is my swing

I'm a stuttering rope.

 

SHUROUK HAMMOD

 

SHUROUK HAMMOD "born in 1982 ", a Syrian poetess, literary translator, BA of arts graduate and a master degree graduate of written translation, Damascus University. She has three published poetry collections in Arabic language and two published poetry collection in English titled: (the night papers),(Blind time), in addition; excerpts of her poetry that have been published in many poetry anthologies in France, Serbia, Netherlands, Poland, Romaania, Nepal and India, A member of Palestinian writers and journalists union. An honorary member at NAJI Naaman international library of honorary culture. Award winner of many local and international poetry awards: Charles Baudelaire first prize for poetry creativity, 2018 Sylvia Plath medal for writing poetry 2017. Jack Kerouac poetry merit award 2016. Arthur Rimbaud merit diploma for writing poetry, 2015. Nazik al Malieka literary prize for writing poetry 2012. Alexandria public library prize for writing poetry 2012. Naji Namman international literary prize for writing poetry 2014. She has been appointed as ambassador of the word by the Spanish foundation Cesar Egido Serrano, 2016. Her poetry has been translated into 16 languages.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment