Friday, January 1, 2021

MARIA MIRAGLIA TALKING WITH PER JOSEFSSON



MARIA MIRAGLIA TALKING WITH 
POET OF THE MONTH

PER JOSEFSSON

JANUARY 2021


MARIA MIRAGLIA: When did you approach poetry?


PER JOSEFSSON: I did that at a very early age. I remember that my mother used to read Swedish poetry to me when I was just a little child. Many poets and authors dwelled in my parent’s huge library. I was surrounded by literature, music and art.

 

MARIA MIRAGLIA:  Do you think of anyone to dedicate your words when writing?


PER JOSEFSSON: Yes, I often think of my brilliant wife and life companion Joanna and how immensely privileged I am to be her husband. Sometimes I contemplate over what’s happening in the world around us. Sometimes I fantasize about re-writing historical events the way I would have wanted them to happen.

 

MARIA MIRAGLIA:  Air, water, earth and fire. What element would you like to be in poetic terms?


PER JOSEFSSON: Well, if not all four – at least Air, Water and Earth. Earth being the soil and fundament upon which we all stand secured. Water to cool down anger and mischief and to wash away bad karma. Air and wind to gently sweep worried minds in positive thoughts and to carry whispers of love and happiness and prosperity at any distance.

 

MARIA MIRAGLIA:  Do you listen to music while writing? If so, what kind?


PER JOSEFSSON: Sometimes yes and sometimes no. It very much depends on what mood I’m in and what kind of topic I use. Sometimes I need to let my mind flow freely without anything else to focus on but itself. As a part-time musician, listening to music is an enjoyment within itself. I often close my eyes and see pictures and different sceneries in my head while listening to music.

 

MARIA MIRAGLIA:  What did you feel when you held your first book  in  the hands?


PER JOSEFSSON: I remember that I was very little. The book was an old, leatherbound volume of H C Andersen’s THE UGLY DUCKLING. When opening it, I can still recall its fragrance of handmade paper, old printing-ink and my father’s sweet tobacco.

 

MARIA MIRAGLIA:  Where does poetry come from?


PER JOSEFSSON: From your heart and from your vivid imagination. From different states of mind. From memories, conclusions and personal experiences.

 

MARIA MIRAGLIA:  Is there a time of the day when you prefer writing?


PER JOSEFSSON: The poem itself almost always chooses and dictates the right time. The inspiration comes to me, not the other way around. Early in the morning, though, the mind, the spirit and the inspiration is freer. Not yet bound by daily duties.

 

MARIA MIRAGLIA:  Does writing come from the heart or from the mind?


PER JOSEFSSON: It depends. Strong, spontaneous feelings like love and devotion, anger and rage, often comes from the heart. When you put yourself in a special mode though; that’s when you use your mind. That is, at least, my belief.

 

MARIA MIRAGLIA:  What do you think of poetry and poets on the web?

 

PER JOSEFSSON: I believe that there are so many greatly talented poets and so many beautiful minds out there in the world. Since both my wife and I started to connect with other poets around the globe, we really feel enriched. So I think it definitely is a new and great dimension. In Sweden we have documented poetry dating back to the Vikings and the 9:th century.

 

MARIA MIRAGLIA:  Who are your favourite contemporary poets and why?


PER JOSEFSSON: Favourite poets, beside my wife Joanna Svensson, are Tomas Tranströmer, William Shakespeare, Dan Andersson, Lasse Lucidor, Nils Ferlin, Erik-Axel Karlfeldt, Hjalmar Gullberg, Karin Boye, Birger Sjöberg and C M Bellman, among others.

 

PER JOSEFSSON: is a writer, poet, novelist and translator. He is also a book publicist, a graphic designer and a language teacher. Have translated several books of poetry and anthologies and participated in numerous poetry festivals and book presentations in different countries. At present he is publishing 2 books of poetry and 1 collection of short stories. As a language teacher he is educated at Lunds Universitet and as an illustrator and graphic designer at Konstfack in Stockholm. Working as an illustrator and graphic designer has given him many commissions in the book- and advertising industry over the last 30 years. Born in 1957 and living with his wife Joanna in the south of Sweden. Close to the cultural life in Lund and Copenhagen. On the threshold to the European continent.

 

MARIA MIRAGLIA: Educationist, poet, translator, peace activist, Maria A. Miraglia was born and lives in Italy. For a long time, an active member of Amnesty International, she herself founder and chairwoman of World Foundation for Peace. Member of Ican, of the International Observatory for Information and Human Rights. Founding member and literary director of the Italian cultural association P. Neruda, honorary member of Nationes Unidas de las Letras, advisory member of the editor board of Galaktika Poetike Autunis, member of the editorial board of Our poetry Archive, member of the editorial advisory board of Sahitya Anand. Presidente de la organization Mundial de los Trovatores, Italy and Deputy President – Coordination, at a child rights global organization, the United World Movement for Children (UWMC). She collaborates for poetry with numerous national and international newspapers and magazines. Her poems have been translated into several foreign languages and are collected in numberless anthologies all over the world.  Dr Maria Miraglia is often a welcome guest of international events for poetry. Beauty and profundity are the most important characteristic of Maria Miraglia’s works and although these elements are found in some of the exceptional works by modern writers, blending them together seems a challenge for many, where Maria is found to be successful applying them into her poems. Author of anthologies in Italian, English or both languages She is recipient of numerous national and international awards and recognition.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment