Friday, December 1, 2023

EVITA CONSTANTINOU

 



Tanka Poem – Inner Thoughts

 

Amidst quiet woods,

Solitude wraps me in peace,

Nature's song unfolds.

In stillness, I find my soul,

Lost in the world of my own.

 

Solitude, my friend,

In your quiet, tears may flow,

Sadness finds its home.

Yet, within your gentle space,

I heal, and hope may yet grow.

 

Limerick Poem- Value Of Loneliness

 

In solitude, lessons we glean,

A value in loneliness is seen.

Through quiet reflection,

We find self-connection,

In the stillness, we grow and convene.

 

In loneliness, there's much to gain,

A chance for self-discovery, no pain.

Reflect, introspect, and grow,

richly benefits often do show,

In the quiet, one's wisdom can reign!

 

Elegy Poem- My Wounded Soul

 

In solitude, I found my wounded soul,

A heart in fragments, an ache that took its toll.

Yet, in the silence, I began to mend,

To heal the wounds, to find myself again.

 

The lonely nights, the tears I cried,

Became the canvas where my strength applied.

I stitched my pieces, one by one,

In solitude's embrace, my healing was done.

 

From darkness to light, I slowly arose,

A stronger spirit, my inner strength exposed.

Solitude, my friend, you showed the way,

To heal, to grow, to face a brand-new day.

 

In your quiet embrace, I found my grace,

And from the depths of loneliness, I found my place.

So, here's my elegy, a tribute to your art,

Solitude, my healer, you mended my broken heart.

©Evita Constantinou

 

Haiku Poem- Desparately Lonely

 

Loneliness descends,

Desperation's silent cry,

Seeking light within.

 

Desperately alone,

Echoes in the silent void,

Seeking a kind soul.

©Evita Constantinou

 

EVITA CONSTANTINOU

 

EVITA CONSTANTINOU was born and raised in Limassol, where she currently lives with her husband and their three children. She studied at the Department of Primary Education of the University of Ioannina and has been working as a teacher in primary schools for twenty years. She began writing poetry from a young age, composing both free verse and traditional rhyming poems about everyday life and social issues. Her particular interest lies in Cypriot poetry and local dialect. Nine of her poems have been set to music by composer Ioannis Chatzis, each capturing a different musical style and encompassing a wide range of musical sounds. 6 of the songs are included on the musical album "Like a Kite," which accompanies her first poetry collection, "Kite's Ascension," which was self-published. Both her poetry collection and her children's fairy tale have been approved by the Cyprus Ministry of Education and are included in the school curriculum. As a concerned spirit, she constantly develops and evolves by following various circles of writing workshops, poetry and children's literature. She actively participates in various social, philanthropic, and cultural activities throughout Cyprus. Her works are also published in various online literary magazines or blogs and announcements of her poems in radio broadcasts. She is registered in the Union of Cypriot Writers - ELK, the Cyprus Children and Youth Book Association (CYBBY), and the Limassol Writers Society - Vasilis Michailidis. Since 2021, she belongs to the writing force of the publishing house Chronos Editions.

 


No comments :

Post a Comment