Friday, December 1, 2023

GEORGIANA-LAURA GHEORGHE

 



In The Arms Of Solitude

 

I feel at ease with myself,

Free to be who I truly am

Without having to hide

Behind a mask like the herd

Wants me to do out of fear

That I could ruin its stereotypical

Image of the woman of letters.

 

Meditation (1)

 

Sitting in lotus position on the meadow of solitude,

I close my eyes and open my heart,

I listen to the sound of my inner voice

As I slowly leave the worldly things behind

And dive deeper within myself.

The soul shines brighter than any celestial body

Allowing me to see things clearer than ever before.

Thoughts, emotions, experiences good and bad

Surround me like the books in the Library of Alexandria

In chronological order ready to be studied when I need them.

Positive energy flows through my body

Clearing my mind of intrusive thoughts

And releasing my soul from the chains of darkness,

Allowing me to finally spread my wings

And soar into the sky with my feathered friends.

 

Meditation (2)

 

Little by little I gain in a better understanding of my feelings

Learning to not be ashamed of how I feel.

As I continue to fly, I find solutions to problems

That seemed impossible to solve in the noisy society.

The achievements that were once buried under the rocks

Thrown at me by naysayers are unearthed,

Making me realize how much I accomplished so far

Despite being small and insignificant to others.

After slowly waking up into the outside world again,

I understand how the power of solitude

Provided me the stimulus for looking within myself

And accepting myself for who I am

Without fearing what others think of me.

 

GEORGIANA-LAURA GHEORGHE

 

GEORGIANA-LAURA GHEORGHE - Brăila – România. Born in a country with a wonderful history, customs, traditions and culture, she’s a sensitive soul whom considers writing as a way to express her untold feelings and opinions. She’s a translator, but creative writing is one of the many hobbies she has. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in the English Language and Literature – French Language and Literature – Philology at “Spiru Haret” University of Bucharest, Faculty of Letters – Bucharest (Romania) and a Master’s Degree in Translation and Interpretation at “Dunărea de Jos” University of Galaţi (Romania). She competed in a few national literary projects such as the online poetic show „În Lumea Copilăriei”, Parfumul Clipei, May 2022 and international literary championships such as the “Dantebus” National Poetry Contest, 4th edition, Italy, 2022 etc. She was awarded the „Certificate for Best Entry” for my photography/poem „The Feline” entered in the ILA Magazine’s „ANYTHING SATURDAY”, Category: VISUAL ART/ POEM COMPOSITION, founder Annette Nasser held on July 9th, 2022, awarded on July 24th, 2022; “Mențiune” at the „Exercițiu de Imaginație” contest, judges: Ana Văcărașu, Ioan Avram organized by the Cenaclul Literar Artistic „Simfonia Cuvintelor”, July 17th, 2022 etc. She published poetry in various national and international literary magazines and anthologies, and launched two bilingual poetry books “What is life?” on September 2019 and “The Chest of Life” on 2021. She’s a member of ARTLIT - Asociația Română a Traducătorilor Literari from February 15th, 2022 and of the World Literature Academy that is under the aegis of the Romanian Cultural Centre in London from October 20th, 2020. Other than creative writing, she likes to listen to music mostly classical, instrumental and soundtracks, travel and navigate on the Internet. 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment