Friday, December 1, 2023

NITA B GEORGE

 



Imprisoned

 

Imprisonments

So many...

Sometimes bars bar

Sometimes, circumstances.

Seemingly free

As free as breeze

Imprisoned I see

Myself in me.

Alone, alone

In a crowded world,

Happiness

Appears

To be

Everywhere

Only,

Not with me

Morose, I seek

A little love

A little love, I seek

And,

Find I, indeed

Indeed I find

Solitude

Extending itself to me...

Imprisonments,

So many...

          

Cocooned

 

Walls

Of

Silence surrounds me

Have

The tympanic membranes raptured

Or

The

Vocal cords rendered useless?

The

Vision is good.

I

See all

Like

A silent movie.

Put meanings

Into the actions

Laugh sometimes

Sometimes cry.

Walls

Of

Silence stands tall

Too tall

To cross over

Into a world

Of

Cacophony.

Cocooned

These

Walls of Silence

Hold

Me in.

 

The Black Hole

 

Do

Oceans

Have whirlpools?

Whirling, swirling whirlpools?

My loneliness has!

When

Cacophony around

Drums my thoughts

I

A cocoon builds

I

Whirl and swirl

And,

In

My loneliness dwells

My

Heart at peace

My

Mind astir

My

Thoughts,

A whirling, swirling pool!

 

Life

 

Through

The

Mists of life

Am

Walking, walking, walking

Just

Walking, walking on...

The

Road

Is

Long,

Endless...

The

Destination,

Unknown.

Am

Walking, walking, walking

Just,

Walking, walking on...

 

NITA B GEORGE

 

NITA B GEORGE has been an English teacher at the Graduation level for 37 years. She comes from a family that is extremely talented in both literary and musical fields. She started writing poetry at 54 years of age. Doubtful whether what she wrote was poetry she approached her professor for his feedback. She was wonderstruck when he told her that there was a 'Silence' that spoke in her poems and advised her to write on for the world needed good poets and poetry. Since then, she has been writing, writing and writing on. Her work speaks of her writing skills, her mastery over English as a language (as she is not a native English speaker) and her perfection in poetic technique and imagery. She writes in simple, easily understood English that increases Readability in her readers. She has three Anthologies, 'Reflections', 'Confessions and Other Poems' and 'A Book Lover to his Darling and Other Poems' to her credit. She has a collection of short stories, 'Encounters' that is dedicated to her 20-year-old son, Amit Abraham, who lost his life in a road accident. She has also given to the world a glimpse into her inner and outer world through her memoir, 'A Speck in the Universe'. Poetry comes to her in the form of dew drops. Stringing them up and presenting them to the world as luminous pearls of colour and beauty is Nita B George, The Poet and The Writer. (The poet has taken the liberty to send four short poems on the theme, 'Solitude’)

 


No comments :

Post a Comment