Friday, December 1, 2023

DIKBASANIS CHRISTOS

 



Solitude And Imagination

 

I wrapped in the frozen mattress of solitude

I leave to my imagination

to escape from my spaceship

alone in space

without the forgotten songs of my heart

Their strikes are weak

How to escape together

with my imagination?

I cannot understand

what's going on inside me

Alone in a paper universe

hurts to stay still

but the silence of the stars

it always scared me

How to make new memories,

to breathe in the smell

of new experiences

How to live without

my wild imagination

which always wants to run away from me?

 

Solitude

 

Upon this inhospitable rock of the Universe

I was left alone and desolate

with only the lights of my starship for company

Now I'm waiting unfairly

to appear traveler of stars,

a shadow, a dream

to drown me

in the most secluded corner of my room

which looks like Epitaph without flowers

and without the fragrance

of the Resurrection who promised by my Creator

I was left alone and desolate

among the stars

like a crippled archangel among

to unrepentant demons

Alone and desolate without hope

for the arrival of a unique life in the Universe

 

Feeling Lonely?

 

Do you feel lonely in death?

And yet there are many dead with you

covered with earth and stones

They have roots buried deep

in earth and dreams

They have dancing moving

in ancient rhythms,

breathes that slurs their words

They cover you along with your desires

under the mournful notes of the bell

heralding the end of summer

Their profane hands immobilize you

in the interstellar void of your life

Angels and demons

they wash your wrinkles with fiery rain,

with a sharp sword they carve upon you

the face of fear

There were no words left in your mouth

They wither like lilies

from the wild blowing of the foreign wind

Only your roots you can't damage,

to share pain with loneliness

He wasn't the one who cut you in two,

nor the dried-up sea of love

and humanity

Became your tears for the lost homeland

big like your eyes,

blinding your Spring

Now the memory and the loneliness lick your eyelids

They don’t let you die anymore

 

DIKBASANIS CHRISTOS

 

CHRISTOS DIKBASANIS is a poet, writer and scholar of religions. He was born in Thessaloniki, Greece, where he graduated from the Theological School of the Aristotle University. He holds a Master's Degree from the Theological School with a specialization in Religious Studies. It has also been included in the "Great Encyclopedia of Modern Greek Literature" of Haris Patsi publications and in the “Who's Who” of journalists. He has been honored with many national and international awards for his poems.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment