Monday, July 1, 2024

THOMAIDHA TANUÇI

 



 

Rain...

 

Now I hear the shower song,

music form tins on the roof-pane,

when drops are falling onto my skin,

I always think it is some rain.

 

And I was drawn as a portrait

when you were covered under that tent,

are you afraid of memories,

or of that unforgettable moment?

 

And I with too softly a step,

so calmly wander in water place,

there I lose you as if an elf,

there I find you when I do guess.

 

Now I hear the shower song,

music from tins, a roof ado,

when the drops fall onto my skin,

I receive them as if they're you.    

 

Woman

 

I wear no earrings, no flowers, no ribbons

to look like a woman,

I wear autumn backwards;

The leaves are renewed by the gravity of the skin with every touch,

while you map my body cell by cell,

inviting me as if in a game...

 

I become a woman when I go to bed,

- Give me some space to sit with you, - I say,

I enter the bed like a child in your arms,

blossoming spring on my lips, I come out.

 

My arms are tired from the weight of the light that falls on me,

and my weight is not small.

 

You start the day like a numb thing,

you are the luckiest passer-by

who by chance meets the same woman every time.

 

Silent

 

Cried unto God, lost in, aloud.

and I kept silent till reaching pain,

myself off self I did find out,

for I was dead and rose again.

 

Like leaf-to-wind, to dawn I prayed,

and with its light quenched loneliness,

as blind I knock on Hades Gate

or a nymph shade that runs for peace.

 

In icy lake naked to low,

hide memories, on eyelashes lay,

to wound and belly’s fire I blow,

leave there my breath, and runaway.

 

THOMAIDHA TANUÇI

 

THOMAIDHA TANUÇI was born in the city of Permet in Albania. Her elementary and high school studies took place in Permet. She went to "Alekandër Xhuvani" university in Elbasan to pursue her college education. Her initial poetic works would start in her early junior high years and continue in her high school thus sparkling her literature teacher’s a special interest who later presented these works to the “(Albanian)Writers’ Union” being that he himself was the head of it.+ The Writers’ Union highly estimated her works and therefore awarded her the right to pursue her university studies in the Literature major. In her birth town, where she later returned as a teacher, she would often write and sometimes publish for the local newspaper. Thus, her journey of poetry writing continued where she would share her poems with her friends, until she decided one day to publish her first book+ titled “Misty Breath of Azure Steps”. Thomaidha’s poems are momentary, detailed, abstract, and a tangible life that can be experienced. Most of her poems center on the theme of “Love”. But there are also simple philosophihcal poems intertwined with lyricism. In Thomaidha’s poetry, reality can be touched by dreaming, whereas rebellion against social phenomenon can be experienced through artistic reflection and intellectual accountability. Currently, this author published her second poetry book titled “Abnormal”,  " The sonata of the rain". "Petals of light" book of haiku and "Sweetly empty". Currently, Thomaidha is living in Tirana, not forgetting her birthplace which imparted on her the pure spirit of Vjosa river, and that of the mountain peaks.

 


No comments :

Post a Comment